Monday, November 8, 2010

Squirrels!

What a weekend!

Many of you who know me, know that I love being busy. I would much rather have a million things going on at once than have nothing to do at all. This weekend was no exception.


On Friday I told you that we were going to Famous Dave's Blues and BBQ Club in Uptown for dinner and music. We ended up going a little after 6:30pm to beat the cover charge and wound up having a really great time during the Happy Hour with Gregg Inhofer. After a few beers and BBQ, we didnt end up staying long enough to hear the main act of Magic Slim and the Teardrops which was disappointing, but overall it was a really fun time. I would definitely recommend Famous Dave's in Uptown if you are looking for a chill night with some good blues and good food. I wouldnt necessarily go there on a date if you wanted to talk to someone because the music is really loud, but I heard that during the main acts there is dancing and toe-tapping on the floor, so bring your dancing shoes after 9:00pm ; )

Saturday started off early as I am dog-sitting for the Theisen's while they are in the Dominican Republic for a wedding. Their very loveable pup is Rosie, and she can be a handful. Although she is a very well trained dog, when Rosie starts running around, its hard not to smile and get just as excited! On Sunday morning I took her for a walk and realized quickly that next time I would need to bring my running shoes, and some doggie bags! Whoops! Sorry City of Maple Grove, I'll pick those up tomorrow.....Anyway, jumping around a bit, this morning I got up early to go on a run with Rosie and it was insane! Not only did we get kind of lost (I really dont know anything about the streets in Maple Grove) but Rosie was practically dragging me the entire time! You know those dogs in Up that hate squirrels? I think Rosie watched Up and decided that attacking the squirrel race was a good idea. We would be jogging along nicely when BLAM! Rosie would practically rip my arm off to chase a squirrel up a tree. Needless to say, it was a long run. But I forgave her, and it still breaks my heart every time I have to leave her for the day :(


Back to Saturday, after feeding Rosie and finishing my book at the MG Caribou (I am rereading the Lucas Davenport books by John Sanford which are awesome!) I scooted on down to Adrian's Tavern on 48th and Chicago Ave to chat with my Uncle Steve and cousin Molly. Adrian's is said to have one of the best burgers in Minneapolis, and I will say, they do have a mean Juicy Lucy. The burger goes delightfully with my favorite brew on their tap, Summit EPA of course ;) It was nice to catch up with the both of them, even though Uncle Steve whooped my butt in cribbage. I even got to see my aunt Barb who just got back from her African adventure! I can't wait to catch up with her and hear about her trip!


Sunday was jammed packed. After the run around with Rosie, I came back to Uptown to have lunch with Miss Lindsey, who was in town for the weekend from Lacrosse. Unfortunately, she got a little bit lost coming to my apartment and ended up in North Minneapolis, which is not anywhere close to where I live. I felt terrible, and to make matters worse, our lunch wasnt the best either. We went to the Uptown Cafeteria, and although the decor was interesting, the service and food werent the best. I have heard good things about the Uptown Cafeteria during the summer when they have their rooftop patio open, so I guess I would have to wait until I can get up there to give a final verdict on the place. I would recommend the Uptown Cafeteria for their Happy Hour specials ($1 additional drinks and $3 select foods) but not necessarily for the dining experience.

After lunch with Lindsey, I had a running date with Krissy around Lake Calhoun which was wonderful, but not a good idea after eating spicy sausage hash for lunch! Regardless, we had a good time and the weather was absolutely beautiful!


Next was a "quick" drive back up to Maple Grove to feed Rosie, and then down to St. Paul where I met Heather, an old friend from Madison, at Bonfire for dinner. Bonfire always has awesome food, and last night was no exception. I had the chicken bruschetta salad and it was amazing! I also had a glass of Malbec, which is my favorite red wine : ) The atmosphere at Bonfire is great, perfect for sitting and chatting with friends! It was great to catch up with Heather again and hopefully we will get to hang out more since we both live in the cities now!


So like I said, it was a busy weekend seeing people and doing things! But I wouldnt have it any other way! Another busy week of seeing people and places coming up, cant wait to keep you updated! :)



Also I know I am doing a bad job of integrating my ideas/thoughts about events and things like that into the blog, so I am going to try and do a better job of that. If anyone has any suggestions on what they would like to see on the blog in that regards, please let me know! One little tidbit I have, I am in the midst of my third event for The Family Partnership; the National Family Week Leadership Celebration. Among my list of duties, I need to create center pieces for the tables at the event and would really like to do something in the paper/tissue paper/duct tape flower arena. I did a tweet/facebook post about it a couple of days ago, but does anyone have any other pointers on how to make these? I think it would be a fun and personal touch for the event, and the nominees or their families can take them home with them once the banquet is over.



Song of the day: Today I thought I would give a shout out to a local artist that I really love. His name is Tim Montag and he does all his own writing and recording out of his studio in Becker, MN. I really like all of his songs, but my favorite is "New Love", an lovely little upbeat song that brings a smile to my face when I hear it. Please check him out, he is under Tim Montag on facebook and you check out his album at Tim Montag store.
"And when my lips touch yours you'll know, You and I will write a new meaning for, Love, in a way the world could never dream of. Love, love, You and Me will be in New Love" :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emmy,
    Check out www.splitcoaststampers.com for tons of creative ideas for 3-d projects. Go to the Resources section. Let me know if you have more questions!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete