Friday, November 5, 2010

Chipper Friday!

Good Afternoon!!

I am so sorry for the long hiatus, after my Italy trip it took me FOREVER to get all caught up with work and my events and everything! Also I just moved to Uptown so I was busy unpacking and exploring my new city! I am going to try and get a fun, new place on here everyday (or so) so keep checking back! I am also working on my Italy posts, I just havent had time to sit down and remember all the fun things we did! But dont worry, I will be getting them done this weekend, so look back for those!

Anyway, here's a recap of some fun things I did this week. : )

On Monday is was the lovely Ms. Sarah's birthday so a couple of us went to Lyndale Tap House for dinner. According to the website, The Tap House was opened in 2009 to bring residents of the Lyn-Lake neighborhood (which now includes me!) together for some high quality, original food and drinks at affordable prices. Their big draw is the Baltimore Style Pit Meat, which is specially marinated and seared on a specialty grill for maximum tenderness and juciness. When we got there we weren't terribly hungry so Dani and I split the Habenero chicken lollipops (sadly not as spicy as you would think) and a bowl of chili which was wonderful. I would definitely recommend the Lyndale Tap House for some down-home quality barbeque, and they have a great beer selection as well : )



Tuesday was election day, and after a long hard day at work I was bummed that I forgot my license in my apartment and had to go from Edina, back to Minneapolis, and then all the way to Eagan to vote. It was a double bummer because once I got there, they were out of "I Voted" stickers! So sad... :( But the evening got better when I went and had snacks and a photoshop lesson with Beth. It was great to catch up with her and I got to hear all about her recent trip to LA! I'm thinking a trip out to California will be in the works soon ; ) Plus I got schooled on Photoshop so I can make all my Italy pictures look really cool!

On Wednesday Megan's boyfriend's mom got us all free tickets to the Twin Cities Live "Girls Night Out" showing of Morning Glory, starring Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton, and Harrison Ford. The movie was really cute; it was about a young executive producer taking a job at a failing morning talk show and turning it all around in time to save the show from being canceled. Its a definite chick flick, and I've got to tell you, Harrison Ford looked ANCIENT as one of the co-anchors! Long gone are the days of Han Solo I guess.


Thursday was another crazy day at work, pay day and month end billing are not fun times, but I was able to have dinner with Maddy at one of my favorite Thai restaurants, Sawatdee! It was really interesting because I am used to going to their St. Paul location which is a little bit bigger and has a wide selection on their menu. However, the Uptown Sawatdee was really small and had only about 10 items on their menu, including the delicious Pad Thai that I had : ) I liked the small business feel, and the owner was really friendly and chatted us up about how everyone seems to disappear on the streets once the weather gets cold! Brrr!

Today I deemed "Chipper Friday" because, well, I'm just in a chipper mood! I am really excited because a) I am finally blogging again ; ) and b) we are going out tonight to Famous Dave's Blues and BBQ club in Uptown! I have heard some good things about the music here, so it should be fun to chow down on some good BBQ, drink some beer, and jam out to some blues! I'll let you know tomorrow how everything goes!

Song of the Day: After a crazy week at work and my excitement for some good music and of course beer tonight, I thought this song by Josh Thompson would be perfect! "Beer on the Table" is a classic kind of country song about workin that 9 - 5 just to get some food in your belly and beer down your gullet ; ) Three Cheers to Chipper Friday! : D



"It puts the gas in my truck, butter on my biscut,


Couple bucks when I'm itching, for a scratch-off ticket.


That poker makes me broker every Saturday night,'


but I still got running water and they ain't turned off the lights.


Come Friday night my friends and I start peeling off them labels,


working hard all week, puts some beer on the table!"

No comments:

Post a Comment