Monday, October 4, 2010

Leg Five: Chicago!

Bear with me, still recapping from the weekend! Not much to report for Friday cause I spent most of the day driving, but I do want to share the delicious restaurant we went to the first night I was in Chi-town!

After the fun filled evening with the family on Thursday night at Opus, it was tough waking up with the Garner family at 5:45am on Friday to say goodbye to them before they all jetted off to their wonderfully busy lives. It was worth it though, and after a quick morning catnap, I was on the road again, this time to visit Jayme in the windy city! The traffic in the city was CRAZY but I finally arrived and Jayme and I hit the streets! We ended up having dinner at Due, a sister company to the famous Uno's Pizzeria. Mmmmm I'll tell you nothing hit the spot better at a street side table than a pepperoni Chicago style deep dish pizza and a frosty Sam Adams Cherry Wheat! If you like the food they have at Uno's, I would definitely recommend Due, they have such a wide selection of entrees that you really cant go wrong if you go there : )



After the scrumcious meal at Due, Jayme and I walked to the three story movie theater on Illinois St. to see the Social Network. I thought the movie was good, a little different than I thought it was going to be but still good. It's funny, after hearing the backstory, I started thinking about the backlash that could come from the movie; yet within the 10 minutes when we got back to Jayme's apartment I was already on facebook. O the technology age we live in .... I should really work on my internet obsession....


Song of the Day: Since I went along with the Michigan theme on "The Great Midwest Roadtrip" I think it is fitting to continue on to the next city for the song of the day. Today's song is " 25 or 6 to 4" by, yes you guessed it, Chicago. This is a great song to jam out to because not only because, well come on it's Chicago, and the guitar solo is amazing, but also because I really like the horn sections : )

"Waiting for the break of day (ba da-da-da-da-da Da) searching for something to say (ba da-da-da-da-da Da Da!) Flashing lights against the sky, giving up I close my eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment