Monday, October 4, 2010

Leg Six: New Berlin and HOME!


I dont want this trip to end.....maybe I'll become a traveling salesman and just drive the open highways catching up with old friends, meeting new ones, and having a blasty blast all over the country....pretty pretty please? Never mind that this is what I look like after a week long roadtrip....hmmm maybe not....

Sunday was another early morning wake up call, as I wanted to get back on the road to make it home before it got too late. So I said goodbye to one Jayme in Chicago and hello to another Jaime in New Berlin, Wisconsin. Because Jamie had to work in the morning, we had a quick catch up chat at the Panera right by her house. Now usually I go to Panera for lunch or dinner for a salad or grilled pannini, so it was a rare treat to be there for breakfast. So I thought I would be a little adventurous and try something new, a ham and swiss souffle. And O' my goodness, did that decision pay off! I am a big fan of eggs and egg dishes, and this tasty treat was the perfect pairing of fluffy eggs and crispy pastry that absolutely melted in my mouth. Enjoying great food is always the best way to enjoy great friends ; )

After learning a little more about Jamie's life, it was back on the road again, this time on the long road home. I cant express how much I enjoyed this trip, I got the chance to reconnect with so many wonderful people, and meet some equally wonderful new ones! There really isnt anything more important to me than creating and fostering relationships with people. I know I was joking earlier, but I would really love an opportunity to travel the country, and even the world, meeting people, seeing amazing things, experiencing new things, and writing about them to share with you all! If anyone has any ideas or knows of any opportunities to do that, please let me know! : )



Song of the day:
Even though I love traveling, there really isnt any place like home. As "The Great Midwest Roadtrip" came to an end, it was so nice to fall into my OWN bed and curl up in my homemade quilt once I got back to Eagan. So the song of the day is a wonderfully soulful song by Marc Broussard called "Home". Home may be the name of the song, but all this song makes me want to do is get my boots on and make my way down to the South for some fried chicken and bluegrass ; )

"Hot damn you should have felt the groove,
Like I was swimming in a sea of soul.
The sun was rising and the day was hot,
And we was all about to lose control.
My daddy turned his face up towards the sky,
And I knew that there was nothing to lose,
I felt the crowd breathe in and I closed my eyes,
And we disappeared into the groove"

No comments:

Post a Comment