Thursday, September 23, 2010

Minnesota Rain

Rain rain.......

Sometimes when it is all rainy and dreary like this I actually dont mind because it almost has a calming effect on me. These days are best experienced at home, snuggled up in a big quilt, watching the rain ( and if you get lucky a storm) outside the window.


Today, however, is not one of those days. I dont know if it was because I was crazy busy with events this week but I have not been able to get a good nights sleep. Even though I am physically exhausted, I dont wake up rested, even when I pass out at 9:00pm! I think its because I am an active dreamer, meaning when I dream, I get physically involved in my dreams, such as getting out of bed or sitting up and moving things like my pillows and so on. Ususally I dont realize I am doing this until I am semi-awake in my dreamstate and feel so dumb for thinking my dreams were real. Regardless, I dont know how to fix this problem, anyone have any suggestions? Maybe just not being in my bed for a week on my upcoming roadtrip will help things... hmmm....


This morning I had the pleasure of getting coffee with miss Kristin Krebs at a cute little coffee shop in St. Louis Park called Coffee Buzz. The rain made me a little late and of course when I arrived the excellent law student was studying! I just had to laugh cause she is just so gosh darn cute! Anway, I got a caramel latte which was soooo excellent and the girl even brought it out to where Krissy and I were chatting! :)

Although the shop is kind of tucked away off of Highway 100, the interior was really cool with black and white checkered tiles and some really eclectic art pieces. I absolutely LOVED the chandelier-esk light fixtures they had and the HUGE clock on the wall. I dont know why, but I am a big fan of analog clocks, and this big one seemed in the perfect place at the coffee shop. And segway to my blog yesterday about lighting, if you are looking for more of a classical kind of look at your wedding or event, light fixtures like these are the perfect way to bring some sophistication to any kind of room.



Another decoration I thought was really cool were the oversized black and white city pictures. I am a big fan of the city and of black and white pictures, which my roommates in Madison can attest to as my bathroom was full of little black and white city scenes! One really cute idea that I like for table numbers at weddings is to do photos (black and white if you would like :) of the bride and groom at the age of the table. For example at table five there may be a picture of you and/or your hubby on the way to the first day of kindergarten :D It's kind of corny but can be a great conversation starter if you place people at the tables when they knew either of you at those ages.

Sticking with the rain theme, my song of the day is probably one of my favorite songs of all time "California Rain" by Silvertide. It doesnt really have anything to do about rain, but it has a sweet beat and really, Silvertide is just awesome : )

"I brought my rain to California, all the way from Philladelphia, PA, and on my way my tears fell for ya, I brought my rain to California"



Beverage today, mmmm Shocktop, a Belgian Wheat Ale with a citrus-y aftertaste that reminds me a lot of Blue Moon. Cant wait to get back to Wisconsin on my roadtrip and get some good micro-brews like Spotted Cow....maybe I'll have to make a stop in New Glarus?

*Just a side note to everyone, a lot of the underlined things in my blogged are linked to the website they pertain to, so if something interests you, just click on the link and find out more!*

No comments:

Post a Comment